- Chicago, IL
The Senior Accountant – Construction Accounting will be responsible for all development accounting including project cost tracking and reporting, processing of project A/P, and construction draw processing. This position may be responsible for tracking and leading cash planning meetings for development pipeline projects. The position may also prepare various financial & tax supporting schedules.
Additionally, the Senior Construction Accountant will support the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statement schedules, annual compilation of footnotes, miscellaneous financial reporting requests, and annual audits. Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, possess excellent computer skills, be able to multi-task and enjoy the challenge of taking on new and exciting opportunities.
- Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, ensuring accuracy if all general ledger information
- Prepare project workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement balances and activity.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including all monthly journal entries, to verify account balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assist with annual audit work papers and audit report preparation.
- Liaise routinely with Project Managers, Development, Finance, and Treasury on a variety of job related topics including insurance and contract agreements.
- Maintain compliance with project debt and equity agreements.
- Coordinate project treasury, banking and cash flow analysis.
- Coordinate and take ownership of project issues with asset managers, project managers and finance professionals.
- Assist asset managers in annual project budgeting process.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Director in developing process improvements and greater efficiency within the department
- Contribute to development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners including banks, title companies, etc. that will support and grow the business
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP is required
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting
- Multi-Site Organization SEC Company or Public accounting firm experience preferred
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly and annual department driven deadlines
- Experience working on multiple projects/developments simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong coordination / organization skills with attentiveness to timelines
- Understanding of variance / trend analysis with actual/budget/historical results
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively in a team environment
- Responsible, dependable and possess an exceptional work ethic
- CPA strongly recommended
- Experience in energy industry preferred, but not required
- Prior consolidations experience and/or SEC reporting experience a plus
Friday, October 28, 2022