- Downers Grove, IL
Job Title: Tax Manager
Location: Downers Grove, IL
We are a zero-emission, eco-friendly commercial vehicle manufacturer based in Downers Grove, IL. Our mission is to create innovative, sustainable transportation solutions that reduce the carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner environment. Our company is rapidly expanding, and we are seeking a Tax Manager to join our team and lead the in-sourcing of our tax department.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for all facets of tax, including domestic, international, and sales/use, and will play a critical role in building out the tax department. This is a unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company that is disrupting the transportation industry with innovative, sustainable solutions. The Tax Manager will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with our external, outsourced vendors to ensure compliance and optimization of our tax processes.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to minimize tax liability and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Manage the preparation and filing of all tax returns, including federal, state, and local, as well as international tax filings
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations and advise the leadership team on potential impacts to the company
- Provide support and guidance to other departments regarding tax-related matters, such as transfer pricing and tax implications of business decisions
- Build and manage a tax department, including hiring and training tax professionals, and oversee the work of external, outsourced vendors
- Participate in the development and implementation of new systems and processes to improve tax efficiency and accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- CPA certification preferred
- 8+ years of tax experience, with at least 5 years in a management role
- Strong knowledge of domestic, international, and sales/use tax laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in the automotive industry or with manufacturing companies preferred
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, 401k, and a flexible hybrid schedule. Our leadership team comes from established global Fortune 500 companies, and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are a Tax Manager with a passion for sustainability and a desire to make a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Wednesday, March 15, 2023