- Lake Forest, IL
A publicly held luxury vehicle manufacturer is looking to add to their audit team. With over $5.2 billion sales in 2018, the company shows no signs of slowing down. They continued strong through COVID and are now looking to take this time to grow their team and their company as a whole. The individual will join a diverse team comprised of very skilled, resourceful, and dynamic professionals focused on providing value to the business units and the company as a whole. This team is committed to utilizing core competencies, leveraging shared knowledge and experience, and continuing professional growth through completion of the Annual Audit Plan and staying abreast of industry trends, emerging risks, and compliance requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive or to prevent other duties from being assigned.
- Participate in reviews of business processes supporting operational and financial activities
- Perform detail test of controls utilizing the COSO control framework
- Provide assistance to the company’s external auditors by performing reliance testing that supports the Company’s assessment of internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and improve efficiency
- Document audit results in a neat and organized manner consistent with established department standards
- Perform or assist with special projects / investigations as they arise
- This position requires (30-40%) travel to various company locations within and outside the United States
Job Specifications: Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major or concentration in accounting, finance and/or business administration, etc.)
- Professional certifications (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE, CISA) preferred
- One – two years work experience required; experience in public accounting or internal audit required
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work well with people of varying abilities and backgrounds
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform detailed work independently and under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in schedule, projects and work load
- Good understanding of general business systems, practices, and control techniques
- Working knowledge of the COSO control framework, generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to review and analyze facts and trends to formulate practical recommendations for control deficiencies and improvement opportunities
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access), Visio, ACL and Oracle a plus
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
Apply here or send your resume to email@example.com.
Thursday, July 8, 2021