Senior Human Resources Manager
- Pasadena, CA
Competitive compensation package and relocation package
Buckingham Search is partnering with a top multi-million dollar organic food manufacturer to find a Senior Human Resources Manager. This is position will lead a team of individuals and serve a plant of roughly 300 employees. Responsibilities include recruitment/retention strategies, HR staff development, labor relations, associate relations, safety and performance management. This person will ensure compliance with Company policy and procedure, while meeting all federal compliance requirements (AAP, EEOC, DHS, DOL, OSHA, etc.) as well as California state/local requirements.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and audits an effective recruiting/selection plan to attract exempt and non-exempt talent to ensure the facility and ranches are adequately staffed.
- Develops, implements, and audits processes (with metrics) to reduce turnover.
- Ensures compliance in AAP, EEOC, DOL, DHS, OSHA, and all other Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations with a strong emphasis on California State/Local requirements.
- Responsible for strategic Human Resources planning and goal setting, develops and updates an annual HR Business Plan, which supports the initiatives of field operations.
- Coaches, mentors and develops the HR team by identifying opportunities for learning and ensuring they are fully trained in job responsibilities.
- Supports labor relations efforts by resolving grievances and participating in negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Supervises the Safety function and provides direction to reduce worker compensation costs, TRIR, LTR.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent work experience plus 10–15 years Human Resource experience in the state of California.
- Must have extensive knowledge of California state and local laws.
- Previous knowledge and proven success supervising such functions as: AAP, OSHA, EEOC, DHS, DOL, exempt and non-exempt staffing.
- Proven success in supervision and development of HR associates. Previous experience with HRIS, proven track record in developing methods to reduce turnover, expertise in developing and maintain recognition programs.
- Possesses the skills and abilities to train, coach and mentor supervision in effective methods in directing the workforce.
- Requires ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
PREFERRED: Bilingual Spanish preferred
Thursday, September 23, 2021