Senior Financial Auditor (SOX)
- Deerfield, IL
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Auditor to join the Internal Audit team of a global manufacturing organization! In this role, you would be responsible for performing assigned SOX reviews and audits to ensure completion of the audits in conformity with departmental objectives, goals, and standards. Summary of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists with the internal Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts (approximately 60-70%) and may also participate in internal audit activity including risk-based audits (approximately 30-40%). The audits may cover any functional or organizational activity, with emphasis on complex and higher risk areas.
- When assigned as Lead Auditor-in-Charge, plans, conducts, coordinates, and directs the activities of assisting auditors.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing.
- Ensures key risk areas, including SOX controls are identified, tested, and remediated as required.
- As new acquisitions, systems or processes come into scope, evaluates control documentation, and executes testing of key controls for SOX compliance.
- Obtains thorough understanding of processes and obtains appropriate audit evidence or, if applicable, documentation of internal controls including narratives, process flowcharts, control descriptions, and risk control matrices.
- Partners with business process owners to improve process efficiencies in the design, modification, or streamlining of processes and controls.
- Assists with audit report preparation and the remediation of control deficiencies and the design of process improvements.
- Collaborates with the internal audit team on assigned projects and assists in evaluating, designing, and implementing data analytics to increase audit efficiencies and expand internal audit coverage.
- Plans, programs, and performs audits of functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the control systems and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the audit working papers to determine their adequacy to support the work performed and the audit conclusions.
- Prepares a comprehensive written audit report and executive summary communicating the results of the audit and related corrective recommendations. Audit findings will clearly illustrate the associated risk to the operation and suggested recommendations will be mutually agreed upon by management, practical, and overall add value to the organization.
- Actively participates in team meetings and developmental activities as assigned by the Audit Manager.
- Makes an oral presentation of their audit findings to appropriate management personnel of the unit or activity under review.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
- Performs a risk assessment of the selected operating company assigned, including changes in key risks, an overview of key events taking place at the company, external market competition, laws and regulations that may affect business risk, events expected to take place in the future, and any key management changes taking place.
- Travel up to 50% - Primarily North American locations; some international travel may be required.
- Experience from Big 4 is a plus.
- Experience with COSO framework and evaluating SOX requirements; identifying controls, control gap analysis, and evaluating testing effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent experience.
- CPA, CIA, or MBA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of theory and practice of internal controls, internal auditing, and computer concepts and capabilities.
- Ability to evaluate situations where results may be difficult to measure.
- Ability to work with clients to develop practical solutions and action plans.
- Ability to accomplish assignments with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated skill in written and oral communications.
Thursday, March 9, 2023