- Chicago, IL
Tax Accountant OR Senior Tax Accountant
We are seeking an experienced Tax Accountant for a prestigious financial services firm in Chicago!
Our client is a market-leading, award-winning direct lender and credit asset manager with over $50 billion of capital under management. They specialize in providing innovative financing solutions to middle-market companies backed by private equity sponsors. With a strong focus on fostering long-term partnerships, this company has built a reputation for excellence in the industry.
As a Tax Accountant, you will play a crucial role within the Tax Department, collaborating closely with various teams and external partners.
- Prepare investor K-1s and PFIC statements issued to investors by the designated deadline
- Assist in the preparation and review of federal and state tax returns
- Compute quarterly estimated taxable income for funds and their GPs
- Liaise with external tax firms for tax return preparation and K-1 issuance
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure accurate tax compliance for funds and related entities
- Collaborate with Investor Communications Team for data provision to external tax preparers
- Facilitate information reporting and withholding for agented loans
- Monitor and track tax basis of investments and review tax documents received
- Conduct tax reviews of proposed equity investments and document equity dispositions
- Draft ASC 740 memos, tax provisions, tax footnotes, etc. for financial statement audits
- Update and maintain Tax Department process and procedure documentation
- Provide recurring exhibits for monthly tax meeting agenda with Executive Management
- Assist in reviewing and responding to tax notices from various jurisdictions
- Prepare and maintain W-9s / W-8s for new entities and maintain the tax form database
- Handle ad-hoc projects and requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation is a plus
- 2 to 4 years of relevant tax experience in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of partnership taxation and investment vehicles (US and non-US based)
- State tax experience is a plus
- Understanding of debt investment taxation is a plus
- Familiarity with Workday or Wall Street Office (WSO) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative team, working in a highly reputable financial services organization. The firm offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Tuesday, July 25, 2023