Risk-Based Senior Auditor - Financial Services
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is working with a $2B banking institution in the Chicago Loop that dually serves as a regulator to the financial institution. Before you apply, make sure you are willing to take a MANDATORY 5-consecutive-day vacation annually without checking email... this is something they take seriously/
Things to get excited about:
- Great Work-Life Balance
- They take all the banking holidays
- Great Benefits
- Uncapped tuition reimbursement: 90% paid for A’s, 80% for B’s.
- 401(k) match that increases with tenure, 100% match after 5 years of employment
- Pre-tax cafeteria plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Gym/Health Club reimbursement
- FSA options
The challenging and exciting work includes:
- Conduct risk-based audit engagements including identifying risk, developing audit programs with appropriate test objectives, evaluating the adequacy of internal controls, performing tests of key controls and documenting results.
- Identify, document and communicate audit issues that clearly define the risk, root cause, and expectations suitable for addressing the identified risk.
- Document client processes accurately to support a complete understanding of the business process.
- Partner with the business to evaluate and assess departmental controls and processes.
- Prepare well-documented work papers to support audit conclusions.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to support continuous learning.
- Supervise staff auditors assigned to audit engagements by providing guidance on overall execution and review of deliverables.
- Represent internal audit on organizational project teams, in management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures including professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
The most qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of at least 5 years audit experience.
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant industry certification.
- Banking or Financial Services industry experience preferred.
Monday, March 5, 2018