Staff Accountant- Chicago Loop Law Firm
- Chicago, IL
A top ten highest grossing law firm in the U.S. is looking to hire a staff accountant!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Economics with a Master’s degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of experience
- Financial reporting experience
- CPA or candidate for CPA certification
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes as an integral part of a team that produces financial reporting and budgets for the Firm. Responsible for producing reports quickly while maintaining integrity and accuracy of data;
- Develops and maintains Excel spreadsheets to prepare analyses and reports using advanced Excel functions;
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger transactions and accounts, uses technical judgment to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded;
- Participates in the firm-wide annual forecasting/budgeting processes;
- Performs monthly account reviews and variance analyses;
- Acts as a financial liaison to multiple departments by understanding and servicing their business needs;
- Responsible for the analysis, management and implementation of financial initiatives;
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and provide information and recommendations to management;
- Other duties as assigned.
Get excited about:
- Chicago office standard hours: – (35 hour standard work week)
- Staff employees are eligible for an annual merit bonus and increase every July
- Chicago staff employees start with 24 days of CLT that accrues over the year (“combined leave time” - same as PTO. Pro-rated the first year) and 8-9 paid holidays.
- Sidley has two retirement benefits: Defined benefit plan: Sidley makes an annual contribution of 5% of the employee’s salary + other eligible compensation. Vested after 3 years of service. 401k: employees can participate hire.
- Commuter benefits: pre-tax benefit of up to $255 per month for transit and up to $255 per month for parking. For employees who use public transportation, Sidley subsidizes up to $42 per month.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020