Director of Sales
- Chicago, IL
A Fortune 500 insurance company has asked Buckingham Search to find an all star Director of Sales to join their sales team! Due an expanding sales department, the position has become newly available.
Look forward to benefits like:
- Amazing benefits
- 401k match
- 18 vacation days and 4 personal and sick time
- 11 paid company holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement/educational assistance
- Adoption reimbursement
- Service awards
- On-site fitness center or discount at local fitness centers (most locations)
- Discounts for select local and national products and services, including cell phones, computers, and more
Director of Sales
- Achieves membership, revenue and profitability objectives for sales portfolio. This position will have direct accountability for the sales staff throughout the region and will manage the distribution of sales products relevant to their portfolio.
- Provides direction and leadership in the formation and execution of sales, retention and enterprise marketing strategies. Expands awareness of the company's capabilities in relevant segments; establishes value added and differentiable identity. Works nationally to increase demand for company products and programs among future members.
- Manages department by establishing goals and standards that meet/exceed customer expectations. For each team member, directs and oversees individual goal and development plans and actively coaches associates to achieve desired goal and development results.
- Fosters internal and external relationships by: participating in sales meetings and calls and disseminating pertinent, proactive information to staff, internal and external sales partners, (brokers, employers and business partners)
- Develops annual business plan to meet sales portfolio's membership, revenue and profitability objectives.
- Develops strategies to grow desirable market share and transform underperforming markets.
- Implements a structured sales process supporting business plans and establishes systems to monitor processes.
- Develops best practices and implements based on each local market conditions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum five years sales management experience, including creating strong sales and account management culture.
Experience with a full range of healthcare or related products, preferably health insurance products.
Previous experience working through sales partner channels preferred.
License/Certification: Valid insurance license issued by appropriate state insurance regulating agency for assigned territory required within 45 days of hire.
Friday, October 4, 2019