- Glenview, IL
The Accounting Supervisor will be a key member of the finance and accounting team, reporting to the Division Controller and is responsible for
- Period end closing, journal entries preparation or review, internal control and ITW policy compliance, and internal financial analysis & reporting
- Analyzing market conditions and trends, and monitoring & reporting internal order intake trend and sales activities
- Assisting the development of monthly forecast, annual budget, and long-range plan of the division
- Partnering with cross functional teams to improve / simplify current process and drive meaningful financial impact
- Leading and developing talent
This role will provide financial analysis and support for all product categories and will be required to develop personnel. He or she will support the Accounting Manager, Division Controller, Operations, Sales, and the broader leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Prepare internal financial statements, business reports, and/or reports required by corporate and/or regulatory agencies.
- Assist financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
- Provide Financial (ROI, IRR, etc.) and Operational analysis (cost, controls, etc. ) to facilitate accurate decisions and strategies to support the division’s Operational Full Potential goals.
- Understand and apply ITW financial policies consistently and effectively. Ensures that accurate financial records and strong internal controls are in place and being followed.
- Partner with the Accounting Manager and Division Controller to develop and lead a proficient team focused on profitable growth, improving customer satisfaction, and simplifying business processes. Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals, this includes: communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others in your work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 5+ years of accounting and/or auditing experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and cost control principles
- Must be able to multi-task, adhere to deadlines, and work under pressure
- Ability to analyze financial data, execute analysis and prepare forecasts as needed.
- Demonstrated accountability for results and understanding of the financial impact of decisions
- Advanced knowledge of ERP and BI systems, and Microsoft Excel
Friday, December 2, 2022