Senior Tax Associate - Real Estate, Loop
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is energized to be helping one of our favorite Chicago-based REITs add to their growing accounting team.
Things to get excited about:
- The company has gone from 5,000 properties to 13,000+ properties in 2 years. Aggressive growth.
- The people on this team are inspiring. All are coming out of public accounting and are collaborative, genuine, and very friendly with one another. They frequently have team outings, play intramural sports, go out for drinks or dinner, run 5ks together, etc. They have a great time together inside and outside of the office. Also, the entire company starting with the CEO has a strong emphasis on personal and professional development.
- This position is open because someone moved into a 100% analytical role, which could happen to someone else as well. They want this person to mentor/train/supervisor 3 staff members, and will be the go-to person when the Director is out or not available. They are grooming this person to step up quickly!!
- Just moved to a newly renovated office in the loop that has collaborative workspaces, private offices, and a huge cafeteria. Gym and onsite.
- Employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership.
- Exposure across the organization. Not uncommon for the CEO and other leadership to walk up to the desks of everyone.
- Strong benefits: health, dental, vision, life, 401k match
- 4 promotions on this team in the last couple of months. Aggressive promotions and career path.
- Coordinate with external service providers on tax matters including federal, state, and local tax returns, quarterly tax provisions, and estimated tax payments as well as complex tax transactions and strategic tax planning
- Maintain compliance with regulations governing the Company’s REIT election including the quarterly and annual REIT compliance testing
- Assist with income tax accounting and external financial tax reporting plus accompanying disclosures regarding ASC 740
- Develop and revise procedures to create efficiencies by automating or streamlining tasks
- Other tasks and duties as assigned, including other regulatory and compliance matters
- 3-6 years of experience within an accounting firm with exposure to the real estate, private equity, or asset management industry
- Self-starter with a work ethic based on the desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to independently learn, research issues, and propose creative and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated organization, interpersonal, project management and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a continuous improvement mentality
Tuesday, October 8, 2019