Sr. Accountant - Corporate Accounting & Consolidations
- Chicago, IL
The Sr. Accountant, Corporate Accounting and Consolidations will be responsible for the consolidation of financial results and ultimate financial reporting of results, in addition to oversight of all corporate accounting / technical accounting areas for the joint venture. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Accounting and Consolidations, they will help build key accounting processes from the ground up. Additionally, he/she will provide oversight for global financial reporting ensuring it meets the needs of the organization and complies with all applicable regulations. She/he will own various aspects financial accounting, technical accounting, and control policies as well as be responsible for maintaining a strong control environment and oversight function.
This role will be a great fit for anyone who is a curious, self-starter and interested in doing more than closing the books. He/she will be excited about the opportunity to build a new global function and then lead that function to provide actionable insights to the business.
- Experience with internal control over financial reporting (SOX) in order to evaluate/maintain control environment of the newly spun-off business
- Assist with the consolidation of financial results for North America and Europem and prepare external financial statements (including footnotes to the financial statements), including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statements of Cash Flows and Statements of Shareholder’s Equity
Responsible for completion of technical accounting areas within the Corporate segment including the following:
- Hedge accounting
- Accounting for special compensation and benefit arrangements, including share-based compensation and pension accounting
- Accounting for unique technical accounting areas as they arise
- Review and oversight of Balance Sheet and Income Statement output from Pepsi accounting teams operating under Transaction Services Agreements (2 years)
- Proactively perform account fluctuation analysis, reconciliations, ad-hoc analysis, and management reporting
- Drive continued efficiency and simplification across Finance processes and provide critical direction and input to the development and design of new standalone systems
- Support required financial (internal or external) audits and be the lead responsible for management of the external audit with the public accounting firm
- Promote a team culture of high performance, efficiency and simplification across financial and accounting processes
- Undergraduate university degree: graduate degree (MS/MA/MBA) preferred; CPA required.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, public accounting preferred
- Experience with CPG or global, matrixed manufacturing organization is a plus
- Hands-on, collaborative, proactive, transparent, urgent and able to deal with ambiguity
- Experience in financial and management reporting, consolidation, technical accounting, SEC reporting and systems deployment experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including internal controls and reporting skills
- Overall analytical skills and reasoning abilities
Friday, October 28, 2022