- Chicago, IL
The Internal Audit Manager will manage the delivery of advisory and independent assurance services to the business to ensure the development of a robust control framework across all aspects of the organization. The Internal Audit Manager will oversee the assigned audit team and manage team members’ performance to deliver on short and long-term objectives by creating an engaged team and work environment that promotes trust and mutual respect, aimed at maximizing team members’ potential.
This individual will work as part of a global team responsible for working with the business to optimize performance and growth through improving the operational, financial and risk management of the company. This person will proactively engage with key stakeholders (internal and external) to build relationships and work to achieve desired outcomes. To be effective, the candidate must be capable of assessing (and anticipating) risk, thinking through challenging situations and identifying ways to improve complex business processes.
- Manage and direct internal audit senior staff in their completion of internal audits, SOX procedures, intracompany support services, and other ad hoc projects.
- Own the department calendar, including the scheduling of internal audits, SOX procedures, intracompany support services, and other ad hoc projects.
- Provide input to the VP of Internal Audit on budgeting, executive leadership presentations, and issue and deficiency trends.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on risk assessment, control design, and industry best practice for business unit leadership.
- Review internal audit workpapers, internal audit reports, SOX testing workpapers, and SOX deficiencies. Ensure issues are clearly described and recommendations are sound and in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting. CPA certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting/auditing experience; preferably “Big 4” public accounting for manufacturing clients.
- Technical accounting interest, skills and expert working knowledge of GAAP and the Company’s Financial Standards.
- Experience managing and motivating engagement staff and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Sound knowledge of audit practices and procedures.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple field audit assignments and/or special projects and to meet deadlines.
- CIA and/or CISA are a plus.
- Previous SEC experience is a plus.
- Data analytics experience is a plus.
- Ability and interest in professional development, learning new concepts and gaining new experiences.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, including international assignments. Travel is usually March – Dec – 1 week/month. Primarily US, international as assigned.
Friday, October 28, 2022