Audit Project Manager
- Deerfield, IL
The Audit Project Manager supports the Internal Audit Management team in ensuring a professional audit service is provided across the company. This individual will utilize internal tools and resources to liaison across the entire Internal Audit team and other functional areas of the business, including Finance and Human Resources. Key areas of focus for this position are to support operational excellence in the delivery of internal audit services, manage the departmental budget, and support teammate learning/development initiatives. The position reports to the Vice President, Internal Audit.
- Drive consistency, quality, and timeliness of the supporting materials for the Audit Committee by managing the material preparation process for Internal Audit.
- Collect and track operational KPI’s to support presentations to the Senior Leadership Team, the Board, and the Audit Committee.
- Create, update, and communicate the internal audit resource schedule to ensure all audits/projects are completed in accordance with the annual Audit Plan.
- Manage the department budgeting and forecasting process and act as the key liaison with Finance and HR to respond to routine or ad hoc requests and deadlines. Review monthly results, research, and resolve variances from budget/forecast.
- Support the Internal Audit Management team with audit issue follow up.
- Coordinate teammate learning and development initiatives, such as in-house training, CPE events and leadership development opportunities. Coordinate and administer all group membership (ACFE, IIA, TSCPA, etc.) tracking,
- Perform the final audit report quality review and distribution.
- Manage day to day administration of the AuditBoard application.
- Schedule and prepare for all department meetings.
- Perform related ad hoc activities at the direction of Internal Audit Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5 years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the internal audit/accounting/finance areas of business enterprise
- Professional certifications preferred (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA, CFE, CISA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work well independently and within a team structure
- Sound independent judgement, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Wednesday, November 22, 2023