Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is partnering with a top law firm to find a Human Resources Administrative Assistant! This role is highly visible within the team as it works directly with and supports senior leadership. If you have been wanting a career with HR, this is a great opportunity for you.
This is a hybrid role working remote 2 days a week.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, video conferences and department activities.
- Assist with lawyer and staff new hire orientation logistics
- Audit new hire paperwork to personnel files
- Maintain current electronic personnel files
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT and Visio to edit and create general correspondence, memos, charts, presentations, etc.
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Assist with health and welfare insurance renewal process.
- Handle office attendance daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Assist with departing employee paperwork and logistics.
- Route policy questions to the appropriate human resources team.
- Work in cooperation with/fill in for other HR Administrative Assistants during absences.
- Assist insurance department with annual open enrollment tasks.
- Assist HR Operations with processing lawyer applicant/OCI packets.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PPT
- Ability to type with high level of accuracy
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency in MS Visio
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Thursday, June 9, 2022