General Manager- Insurance & Brokerage Business- Jersey City, NJ
Bulls Eye Recruiting
- Jersey City, NJ
Bulls Eye Recruiting is representing a client that owns the largest web destination for Hispanic consumers interested in health and insurance products. The Company also operates a fast-growing insurance brokerage business that markets health, life and ancillary insurance products to consumers in a number of states.
Our client has an immediate opportunity for an experienced General Manager to oversee and grow their insurance brokerage operations in New Jersey. Our client operates two retail centers located in ethnicity diverse populations centers in Northern New Jersey, which also house outbound and in-bound call centers. The Company has a long-standing strategic partnership with the largest carrier in the state (Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey) and sells Horizon health insurance products, as well as Life, Ancillary and other insurance products primarily to Hispanic and multicultural consumers nationwide.
The successful candidate will oversee the Company’s sales, marketing, and retention initiatives conducted through the retail and call centers located in Northern New Jersey. The General Manager will report to the Company’s Vice-President of National Insurance Sales and work closely with our client's Miami-based teams of experienced marketing and sales executives. This position is based in Jersey City, New Jersey and includes a generous compensation package, with an ample base salary plus commission, bonus and benefits.
- Direct P&L responsibility of the New Jersey insurance brokerage operations
- Responsible for the daily sales and operational performance of the Insurance (Life/Health/Ancillary) Sales Team
- Responsible for generating an adequate volume of qualified leads to meet the sales targets for insurance products through various marketing efforts including grassroots marketing, media placements, partnerships with local organizations, etc.
- Manage and Grow Team of Brokers: responsible for hiring, training, coaching and managing a team of brokers selling to consumers over the telephone and in person at the retail centers, partner locations and marketing events
- Responsible for maintaining and growing strategic partnership with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Collaborate with Horizon BCBS of NJ on marketing, sales and integrated clinic initiatives to drive business to the retail centers and grow sales
- Responsible for developing sales forecasts and for meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales targets for each insurance product line
- Develop and implement winning sales and marketing strategies in New Jersey
- Closely monitor the New Jersey operations cost of acquisition to make sure that all sales are increasingly profitable. Design and implement a referral system to grow membership at low cost and drive down overall lead cost
- Oversee teams located in the retail centers that are responsible for HolaDoctor’s Member Retention programs
- Drive process efficiencies and cost effectiveness while preserving customer satisfaction
- Monitor and report on daily sales performance data
- Ensure sales team members are in compliance with Company policies and federal and state insurance regulations
- Keep abreast of current trends in the health, life and ancillary markets that affect product offerings and strategies
- Manage expenses and direct operational effectiveness enhancements
- Proven experience leading and growing an insurance brokerage operation or insurance agency
- Proven track record of consistently meeting sales targets for insurance products
- Deep knowledge of Life, Health and Ancillary insurance products and carriers
- 6+ years of experience in both direct sales and managing insurance brokers
- Excellent listening, coaching, influencing and negotiating skills to help team members meet and exceed defined sales, productivity and client experience objectives
- Proficiency with CRM and other sales systems
- Ability to identify business trends, changes in market conditions, and competitor activity
- Must possess valid New Jersey health and life license
- Understanding of lead generation and management, including monitoring key metrics, e.g. cost per application
- Ability to collaborate across different business groups with individuals at various levels
- Self-motivated and goal driven
- Experience in putting together compensation packages for brokers
- College degree required. MBA a plus
- Experience managing large, strategic accounts a plus
- Experience with call center-based technology systems a plus
- Experience selling individual health insurance through the ACA marketplace a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a big plus!
Friday, April 20, 2018