Global Manufacturing Controller
- Marieville, Quebec
Job Title: Multi-Site Manufacturing Controller
Partner with CFO, VP of Operations, and Corporate Controller to generate/manage capital projects, develop plant forecasts and budgets. This position will be responsible for managing manufacturing costing within an ERP system to ensure accuracy. Develop processes to automate data collection and to reduce expenses. Track and analyze cost activities within all North American manufacturing facilities.
- Manufacturing controller for multi-site manufacturing operations in the US and Canada
- Partner with service center managers to drive out cost and improve gross margin
- Work with VP Ops, CFO, and Corporate Controller to establish best practices
- Establish plant KPIs and put processes in place to drive improvement with the guidance of VP of Ops and CFO
- Integrate (best practice) manufacturing processes to ERP systems
- Drive improved working capital within each service center
- Develop budget process within each facility
- Drive working capital in Canadian operations and process improvement
- Detail annual capital plan with payback, IRR – work to implement with CFO, VP Ops, and each service center manager
- Drive cash forecast in each service center facility
- Ability to travel to each service center when/where needed to establish relationships, best practices, etc.
- Oversee the Canadian financial functions to drive all working capital and cost metrics
- Drive inventory to achieve target days in each sales segment
- Lead all aspects of costing and manufacturing performance by working with operations, finance, and engineering that integrate into ERP (Epicor) system
- Willingness to learn Canadian tax laws and structure to maximize cash in Canadian operations
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and experience implementing lean projects
- Ensures accuracy of physical inventory and cycle count transactions within the ERP system
- Analyze variances and transaction errors communicating reasons and recommended corrective actions
Has supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires up to 25-40% travel within North America. Travel to other sites will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience with manufacturing.
- Proficient in both French and English written and verbal communications.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Able to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Epicor experience is desirable. Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focus – understand the need, solve problems, and respond in an efficient manner
- Organizational skills – ability to manage time and multi-task; Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel) computer applications required; ability to navigate internal software programs will be needed after hire.
- US, Canadian or Mexican citizenship.
- Must be able to meet qualifications for TN nonimmigrant classification permits.
Preferred Education and Experience
5 years’ experience accounting in a manufacturing environment.
Please submit a resume in English.