IT Enterprise Architect
- Lancaster, PA
The IT Enterprise Architect will be a member of a new enterprise architecture team that will define, implement, and enforce an overall architecture practice, including principles and standards. Understanding our current and future business processes and strategy and aligning them to the current and future technology roadmap is an important aspect of the job. Communicating medium-to-high level technology strategies and goals while diving deeply into technology issues is critical to success.
The job's scope includes understanding and aligning business objectives, functions, and processes with IT strategy, organization, operations, budgeting, objectives, functions, processes, resourcing, and structure for specific disciplines within IT.
The IT Enterprise Architect will:
- Please contribute to the creation and operations of an architecture model that reflects our strategies and goals.
- Collaborative brainstorming with the IT Senior Leadership team.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, IT managers, domain architects, and others to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plans, and work to ensure the solution gets implemented.
- Ensure that solutions to complex requirements align with the long-term technology roadmap.
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into solution design and architecture documentation.
- Maintain a future view of technology trends, aligning and evolving the technology roadmap accordingly.
- Evaluate our systems (applications and infrastructure) and recommend operational and/or technical efficiencies, cost savings, and alignment with business and technology goals.
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer needs/requirements and designing systems that allow business users to transform themselves through creative and cutting-edge technology use. This involves performing modeling, analysis, and planning to implement solutions that will meet business needs within financial budget guidelines. This may include researching software and hardware products or services and defining the best, most cost-effective solutions to meet the business requirements.
The IT Enterprise Architect must have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Seven + years experience designing, managing, and implementing IT technical platforms and digital solutions.
- Experience developing and maintaining architecture and data flow diagrams.
- Experience with networking protocols (IP, ARP, TCP, etc.)
- Experience in virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of current security best practices and their place in the SDLC.
- Knowledge of cloud models (laaS, PaaS, Saas), underlying architectures, and both migrating and sustaining workloads.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and cost optimization within a dynamic, cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experienced in technical project management and/or leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities.
- Hands-on software development, Linux / UNIX system administration, and database management.
- Experience with operating system scripting languages
- Experience with architecture frameworks (such as TOGAF, DoDAF, Zachman)
- Experience building and supporting mission-critical technology components with disaster recovery capabilities.
- Broad experience with SAP-based technologies and related eco-system.
- Extensive knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) and database platforms ( SQL, HANA DB)
- Hands-on experience managing VMware Hypervisor.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform cloud-based solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, & tools.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
$120,000 - $140,000, 15% Bonus