- Jasper, IN
We are seeking a Buyer for a dynamic, fast-growing industrial tool manufacturer. Great opportunity to continue your career path with a company that believes their success can only happen while you are accomplishing your career goals.
The Buyer is responsible for reviewing purchase orders, conferring with other departments to verify orders, contacting vendors, and evaluating bids offered by suppliers, aiding with various purchasing procedures, inventories, shipping, pulling orders, proposals, and similar preparations.
- MRO Purchasing: Approve POR’s. Modify PO’s when necessary. Track blanket PO’s and alert Supervisor when quantities run out. Match confirmations with PO’s.
- Work with Corporate and facility personnel to reduce costs for both MRO and productive materials.
- Work with purchasing and inventory control to maintain inventory and stock levels.
- Account for all product receipt of goods, ensuring receipt information is updated in all applicable systems.
- Tracking: cost savings, inventory reduction, stock add forms
- Vendor Communications: Send PO’s to vendor, both stock and spot buys. Follow-up and resolve any price discrepancies. Follow-up on aging PO’s. Manage vendor set up forms.
- Inventory: Participate in physical inventory, cycle count reconciliation. Work with other departments on new items, obsolescence, stock reductions and increases.
- Work with managers to maintain an accurate account of non-stock and unavailable inventory
- Create and manage reporting process to provide the quantity and value of lost or missing inventory
- Identify, analyze, and report discrepancies.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Receiving process: Open UPS packages, verify contents to packing slip, verify to Epicor PO, receive into Epicor inventory, put stock away or create paperwork to ship non-stock items.
- ERP maintenance (Assign Bin Numbers, Consignment Warehouse set-up, Inventory Marking, Stock Rotation, etc.)
- Arranges for the return for credit of items which are not acceptable, or which have been damaged in shipment.
- Expedites the ordering and delivery process for products or services using ERP systems and assures invoice payment by monitoring the process from initiation of a purchase order through the receipt of the goods or services and billing from the vendor or supplier.
- Coordinates internally and externally to ensure consistent quality and smooth flow of supplies and information.
- Assist in collecting documents for new supplier set up.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area.
- 1+ years relevant years of experience.