Supply Chain Manager
- REMOTE, REMOTE
Supply Chain Manager
Great opportunity for a global supply chain manager with exceptional people skills who can motivate, lead and influence others while rolling out a new and improved supply chain program.
The successful candidate will be measured in cost savings, strategic sourcing, and inventory levels with various initiatives. Ideally, this individual will have experience in a business merger integration environment and a proven ability to build a supply chain platform that can grow.
- Develop performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain, including suppliers’ performance.
- Analyze the current supply chain for cost reduction and cost avoidance opportunities and implement changes.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures and implements to increase the efficiency of the company's supply chain and profitability.
- Develop and maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies located at manufacturing locations. Recommend appropriate strategic inventory items and levels for company growth.
- Manages company Cycle Count process to ensure acceptable inventory count accuracy to target performance levels.
- Coordinate and oversee physical inventories; schedule, reconcile, and present action plans as applicable to drive continuous improvement and maintain high inventory accuracy and control of processes.
- Will negotiate prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers and/or shipping companies.
- Monitors suppliers' performance, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements, identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Drive operational performance in the supply chain, specifically related to the achievement of gross margin targets.
- Develop and implement a management system to track the effectiveness of the supply chain function within North America.
- Actively communicate with all organization levels to ensure alignment, and those critical initiatives are understood and supported.
- Represent high standards and willingness to work cross-functionally with other companies owned by private equity firms to develop and share best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or a related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of supply chain leadership experience within a large manufacturer. Prefer a multisite global manufacturer.
- Prefer 3+ years’ experience working in a private-equity owned manufacturer.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and the SIOP process required.
- Additional certification such as ASQ, APICs, CSCP, CPSM, CPIM, or ISO is highly desirable.
- Experience with organization transition or implementing new ERP systems. Epicor experience a plus.
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite Tools, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- US Citizen