- Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Purpose of Position: CNC Machinist/Operator is a position that will perform lathe and mill tasks, and learn CNC operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) lathe/mill machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the day-to-day functions of the job.
- Loads feed mechanisms or remove finished workpieces by lifting material into position manually, with hoists, or cranes.
- Obtain the correct tools that need to be inserted into your machine to produce the parts described in your work orders.
- Monitor the operation of the machine to ensure there are no problems during the operation. Communicate any errors.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows safety regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Familiarity with blueprints is a plus
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and CNC Machines is required
- Computer literate; Ability to use computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word-processing, e-mail, and database software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
Drives Results-Communicates Effectively
Sets aggressive goals and high standards. Pursues everything with drive and energy, puts in extra effort to meet deadlines and persists in the face of challenges and setbacks. Tech Savvy
Actively listens to customers and checks for understanding, adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of stakeholder, models and encourages ideas and opinions. Delivers messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. Understands and experiments with a wide range of existing technologies while applying new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes. Encourages others to learn new technology.
Job Type: Full Time; Able to work 2nd Shift
- High school or equivalent
- Machine Tool Degree/Certificate (Preferred)