THIS IS A PERMANENT MACHINIST ROLE WORKING DIRECTLY FOR A LOCAL COMPANY.
THE HOURS OF THIS POSITION WILL BE MON – FRI 6:00AM – 2:30PM OR THERE IS AN OPTION TO WORK 10 HOUR DAYS / 4 DAYS PER WEEK.
This company offers competitive medical insurance, paid time off along with other benefits for their employees.
The Machinist role works under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Reads and interprets blueprints.
• Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Uses precision tools, machinery, and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures, and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
• Recognizes, deploys, and effectively use inserts, fixtures, and tooling
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• One-year related experience (journeymen certification preferred not required)
• High school diploma or GED required