Power BI Report Writer
- REMOTE, REMOTE, United States
A mid-size industrial equipment manufacturer is launching their Power BI Platform and seek a Power BI Report Writer with experience in end-to-end report development. This individual will interact with end-users to gather requirements, understand report objectives, define, design, develop reports and documentation using the available tools, and deliver reports to end users.
- Remote work opportunity
- Permanent position
- An excellent benefits package with eligibility immediately
- Reporting to the VP of IT
- Newly created role with high potential in career development
BI Analyst Must:
- Provide analytical support, analytical data structure, and reporting.
- Collaborate with end users to design and build reports quickly and professionally and make corrective configurations or enhancements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manage changes to specifications. Prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; review and test each new release; troubleshoot problems and questions from end users.
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers, and business partners. Assists end users with problem resolution, training, and functional support.
- Automate or increase the efficiency of existing reports.
- Remain current on relevant system changes, ensuring proper training, maintaining vendor relationships, and creating/maintaining the budget to adequately improve, upgrade and maintain the data warehouse and reporting environment.
- Create, Enhance and Maintain the ETL process.
- Provide effective communication both verbally and written to technology and business audiences.
- Quantify the improvement in business areas resulting from optimization techniques through business analytics and/or statistical modeling.
- Maintain cloud based data warehouse.
BI Analyst Requirements:
- Undergraduate in a quantitative field required (e.g., engineering, computer science, business, economics, finance, statistics, and/or analytics). MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, or Quantitative Role.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment and understand business processes and their dependencies within an ERP application.
- Must have a strong understanding of Power BI.
- Minimum one year with data warehousing in a Microsoft Azure environment or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, SQL, MS SQL Server, and SSRS.
- Minimum one year using ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Previous Project Management experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% in the US and Canada.
- US Citizen or work authorized. NO Sponsorship is available now or in the future for this role.
Great to have but not required:
• Tableau, Crystal Reports
• Epicor ERP
• Dell Boomi
• MS DevOps
• Bi-lingual/multi-lingual. Fluent in writing and speaking English/French/Spanish.
Related To: Power BI, Power BI Report Writer, BI Tools, Power BI Tools, Power BI Desktop, Power Pivot, Power View, Power BI Server, Analytics, Tableau, MS Office, Operating System, Windows, Database Tools, SQL, MS SQL, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler, Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Analytics, MS Azure, Data Warehousing, Data Warehousing Concepts, Snow Flake, SSIS, SSRS, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Visualization, Excel, MS Excel, ETL Tools, ERP, ERP Epicor, Crystal Reports, Dell Boomi, MS DevOps, Salesforce, Analytical, ETL Process, Dashboard