- Machesney Park, IL
Continuous Improvement Manager
Our client is a midsize industrial equipment manufacturer that is transforming its industry by setting new quality and customer relationship standards. They seek an Operations Manager for their Machesney Park, ILL location who can develop, implement and deploy continuous improvement programs that support its overall strategic vision.
- Permanent Position
- Eligible for a benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays, A choice between an HSA or FSA account, and more.
- Climate Controlled Environment.
- $500.00 Sign on Bonus
Operations Manager will:
- Consistently drive a culture of high performance and quality by establishing, measuring, and managing objectives.
- Develop, control, and drive improvement in department budgets and performance metrics, ensuring these are met or exceeded consistently. Able to provide a detailed corrective action plan to resolve P&L misses.
- Work with the sales team in the development of monthly forecasting to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Continuous improvement through applying lean principles, tools, and techniques, achieving a sustained practice and culture of Lean Manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Implement the Service Center safety process that includes monthly inspections and resolving identified risk/hazards promptly.
- Oversight of special projects within the facility.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, or equivalent field of study is highly desired OR eight years' leadership experience within a light manufacturing / machine shop type of environment.
- A minimum of 4 year's experience in a leadership role within light manufacturing / machine shop type of manufacturing.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, facilitation, and influencing skills required.
- Knowledge of carbide tipped saw blades, mortise, boring, up spiral & down spiral bits, Hoggers, Profile Cutters, and other cutting tools highly desired.
- US Citizen. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Related to: Kaizen, 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Manufacturing, Process Improvement, Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Improvement, CNC Manufacturing, 3p Tools, Machining, Welding, Safety, Planning, Tooling, Operations Leadership, Effective Communication, Operations, P&L, Facility Management, Budget Management, Quality Management, Process Improvement, PMP, Manager, Management, Manufacturing Operations Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Industrial Manufacturing