Service Center Manager ( Manufacturing)
- Harrisburg, PA
Service Center Manager:
Responsible for overall leadership, management, and operational profitably of assigned service center location. Includes managing day to day aspects (team, facility, inventory, safety, quality, productivity, equipment, customer service requirements) of the assigned location to ensure customer deliverables are satisfactorily met.
- Accountable for managing the Service Center workforce to include:
- Assignment of the daily job task
- Able to assess workforce and service center skillset gaps and development of a plan to address gaps.
- Provide an environment to sustain a motivated team
- Liaison between workforce and HR in required situations
- Accountable for Service Center P&L results. Provide a detailed corrective action plan to resolve P&L misses.
- Accountable for Service Center Quality to include conducting root cause analysis on non-conformance and developing a corrective action plan to resolve non-conformances.
- Accountable for creating and sustaining a pro-active environment to facilitate a continuous improvement culture using Lean Principles and Methodology.
- Accountable for Service Center Safety process that includes monthly inspections and resolving identified risk/hazards promptly.
- Accountable for driving the monthly forecast for Service Center, which includes working with the sales team to enable meeting or exceeding the forecast.
- Accountable for 5S/Visual Factory process to include monthly audits and timely corrective action on non-conforming audit results.
- Accountable for providing support on special projects at the plant.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong formal and informal networks. Draws knowledge from multiple functions to support customers.
- Communication Proficiency – Communicates openly and effectively with all functions and customers.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates to people, acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport with customers and Service Center Managers
- Customer Focus – Establish and Maintains effective customer relationships, Identifies opportunities, and share them with Regional Sales Representatives.
- This position will oversee all employees in the manufacturing facility.
- Occasional Travel is required
- US Citizen
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Four to six years of experience as a Site Manager or Facility Manager.
- Must have a good mechanical and technical aptitude.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A two to four-year degree preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.