THIS IS A PERMANENT FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE POSITION.
We are seeking a Machinist for a dynamic, fast-growing industrial tool manufacturer. Fantastic opportunity to begin your career path with a company that believes their success can only happen while you are accomplishing your goals.
The company offers a competitive compensation based upon your skills and qualification. We are open to candidates who may be outside of the range indicated with this posting who bring additional skills and experience.
COVID position - The company is committed to safety. The work environment is a light industrial, clean, climate-controlled workplace. The company follows recommended federal, state, and local COVID protocols. Employee temperature checks are required. Employees are asked, when possible, to maintain safe distances, and wear face coverings when collaborating with other associates.
We have a clean, climate controlled industrial environment. We offer a schedule which enables you to have work/life balance with limited needs for overtime, weekend, or holiday work.
We offer a schedule which enables you to have work/life balance with limited needs for overtime, weekend, or holiday work. The selected individual will work Monday – Thursday with a start time between 3-4pm ending at 1:30-2:30am.
We want to have a conversation with you on how to build your career with us.
The Machinist role works under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Reads and interprets blueprints.
• Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Prior knowledge on the use of precision tools, machinery, and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press.
• Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures, and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
• Recognizes, deploys, and effectively use inserts, fixtures, and tooling
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys, and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• One-year related experience (journeymen certification preferred not required)
• High school diploma or GED required