Our on-going success is based on the quality and success of our employees. We offer competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package which includes health benefits from your start date.
Our company engages employees in ongoing development so they can grow as we grow. This includes an opportunity to learn skilled trades and working with manual and CNC equipment. Join a team with years of experience and dedicated to working together.
We offer a schedule which enables you to have work/life balance with limited needs for overtime, weekend, or holiday work. The selected individual will work Monday – Thursday with a start time between 3-4pm ending at 1:30-2:30am.
We want to have a conversation with you on how to build your career with us.
The Manual Machinist role works under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Reads and interprets blueprints.
• Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
• Prior knowledge on the use of precision tools, machinery, and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press.
• Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures, and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
• Recognizes, deploys, and effectively use inserts, fixtures, and tooling
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys, and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• One-year related experience (journeymen certification preferred not required)
• High school diploma or GED required