Shipping and Receiving Attendant
- Tallmadge, OH
A manufacturer of industrial equipment is seeking a shipping and receiving attendant who will unload and load trucks using pallet jacks and forklifts. The hours for this role will be 7:30 am- 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Shipping and Receiving Attendant Responsibilities:
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Correctly assemble wooden or cardboard containers and affix shipping labels on packed items.
- Schedule shipping with online Brokers using shipping computers.
- Posts weight and shipping charges and affixes postage.
- Properly determine and input shipping weight, dimensions, and destination carrier.
Shipping and Receiving Attendant Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- Forklift and/or heavy machinery certification and work experience.
- At least (1) year of full-time work experience with a Shipping and Receiving department in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Use of shipping software with previous employers.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Professional work experience illustrating organization capabilities.
- Able to pass a background check.
Shipping and Receiving Attendant Benefits:
- Participation in the Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance company plan.
- Paid Holiday and Vacation pay.
- This is a direct-hire, permanent role.
- The choice between a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account.
- More will be discussed when an offer is extended.