Network Operations Manager
- Lancaster, PA
The Network Operations Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing, and securing the global network topologies, including wide-area networks, local networks, wireless networks, and the services supported by the same (data, voice, video, etc.).
The Network Operations Manager will:
- Apply broad industry and enterprise knowledge, including understanding the organization’s business strategies, devising and sustaining secure networking technologies.
- Review current networking configurations company wide. Design & implement secure, redundant, and cost efficient improvements where needed.
- Evaluate conceptual aspects of technical designs of infrastructure and systems to ensure sound investments.
- Oversee the design, deployment of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, hubs, switches, network appliances, and other elements. Ensure the secure deployment, connectivity, and accessibility of related services.
- Practice network asset management, including technical specification oversight, maintenance of network component inventory, and documentation.
- Work with the IT staff to implement and continuously network components, processes, and procedures to ensure an appropriately maintained and secure network environment.
- Monitor and test network performance. Utilize network statistics and reports to determine and address improvements.
- Oversee project level planning. Ensure plans are created and maintained, communicated to stakeholders. Manage risks and achieve deliverables according to expectations.
- Manage vendors per established SLAs and contractual obligations.
- Plan, coordinate and review the work of assigned staff, including day-to-day assignments and project initiatives.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of staff per corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies, as required. Coach, train, and motivate staff members.
The Network Operations Manager must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge and 7+ years of functional and technical experience within a Cisco landscape supporting a global manufacturing/distribution environment.
- Hands on experience in data center and network build outs.
- Experience with, and understanding of, networking concepts, topologies, and protocols (e.g., OSI model, TCP/IP, DHCP, OSPF, IPSEC, NAT, and SNMP).
- Strong knowledge in WAN technologies (e.g., MPLS, Ethernet, T1, LTE, and DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, SD-WAN, and other common network services within an enterprise environment).
- Knowledge of network-related technologies and solutions (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, performance monitoring, VPN, and others)
- Experienced in technical project management and/or leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities.
- UNIX and Windows scripting experience.
- Hands on experience with network performance monitoring tools.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.