- Lake Forest, IL
The Production Manager will control and effectively utilize the production capacity, manpower, equipment, and outside resources through planning, organizing and scheduling to minimize losses; work within the framework of the budget to optimize company profitability.
- Coordinate and communicate cross-functionally with Sales, Quality, Supply Chain, and Finance to incorporate customer and business requirements into Production Planning.
- Update operations manuals as changes occur (job descriptions, training, checklists, equipment operations, cleaning procedures).
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems in planning and execution. Generate alternatives to resolve both internal and external processing constraints.
- Assist in the development of the unit budget and control of spending.
- Enforce compliance to company rules, policies and procedures to ensure a safe and fair working environment for plant workers and visitors.
- Coach and develop all members of the team through training, mentoring, and the development of consistent planning tools. Provide verbal and written performance feedback on a regular basis.
- Maintain an adequate supply of operational tools and supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 3 years’ management experience in production management preferred OR 7+ years production management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), lean manufacturing or other training in a heavily regulated manufacturing environment.
- Strong ability to coach, lead, mediate, negotiate and influence those around them.
- Certified Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) certifications a plus.
- US Citizen
Candidate Select is a specialized recruitment firm dedicated to working with highly skilled talent and mid to senior-level management. Because of our innovative recruitment process, we are poised to meet the future needs of our candidates and clients. One such step in this process is only placing candidates in permanent roles.
Our experienced recruiting staff has over 20+ years’ experience placing highly skilled talent across many industry verticals including but not limited to Aerospace & Defense, Automobile, Consumer Durables, Electrical & Electronics, FMCG, Financial Services, Industrial, Infrastructure, Internet, Logistics, Metals, Minerals and Mining, Media & Entertainment, Oil & Gas, Outsourcing & Offshoring, Pharma, Lifesciences, Devices & Diagnostics, Power, Technology and Telecom. This expertise allows us to provide a positive recruitment experience to both candidates and clients.
Please continue to check our job portal regularly at https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/candidateselect for newly posted positions. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.