Director of Cultivation
- Tahlequah, OK
Our client, a diversified and industry leading cannabis company headquartered in the Eastern Oklahoma/Fayetteville, AR area is seeking a hands-on Senior Director of Cultivation to direct and lead the company’s large-scale cannabis cultivation operations.
The Senior Director of Cultivation will work closely with corporate executive team on a strategic level to oversee all aspects of cultivation, create policies and procedures for the cultivation department, and work closely with the Cultivation Managers in multiple cannabis cultivation facilities nationally.
- Design, direct and implement the big picture operations for multiple large scale corporate grow facilities, which include: propagation, transplanting, feeding, cropping, flushing, spraying and trimming flowers.
- Continually work to improve the operational capabilities and outputs of all growing locations
- Develop and execute grow methodologies, strain genetics, tissue culture protocols for indoor, outdoor and greenhouse cannabis production
- Responsible for developing and executing long term production plans and delivers on key production metrics set by the company
- Collaborates with other departments to effectively execute cultivation programs
- Assess multi-state potential cultivation assets for potential investment and corporate growth purposes, including the planning, recruiting and supervising of multiple cultivation facilities.
- Works closely with department heads on planning and budgeting of cultivation programs
- Ensures all projects are completed on-time and on-budget and communicates with upper management and third-party resources as necessary
- Takes responsibility and initiative in smooth running of all cultivation operations
- Liaises with other departments, including finance, accounting, marketing, HR etc. to ensure Cultivation department goals and needs are met effectively
- Serves as a role model and resource for Cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Create the corporate preventative maintenance procedures to ensure the highest quality yields without loss to fungus, disease and mold etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Horticulture or related degree preferred with Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7+ years commercial agriculture experience in a commercial greenhouse environment
- Previous cannabis grow experience required with tissue culture, strain selection and management required.
- Management experience in production agriculture business
- Ability to closely track budget expenses, understand effective product pricing, and maintain high-quality vendor relationships where needed.
- Must be a strong leader with an acute business sense
- Experience with various grow mediums and irrigation methods
- Experienced team leader with a positive attitude and vision for the future
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests and IPM solutions
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Skilled in use of Excel and Database systems
- Self-start, reliable, able to multitask
- Travel up to 25%
Compensation: $150-$175k Plus Benefits & Equity
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-124
Friday, October 18, 2019
$150-175K Plus Equity