- Midland, MI
We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager for a Michigan based vertically integrated cannabis company, involved with cannabis extraction, manufacturing and retail dispensaries, to oversee the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
The Facilities Manager will oversee, manage, and be responsible for all facets of their marijuana cultivation & processing facility near Midland, Michigan.
This individual manages internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture, and will also assist with employee personnel management in partnership with the HR Department as it relates to hiring, staffing, training, development and education of their team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the cultivation, lab processing, packaging facilities as it relates to scheduling, staffing, productivity, efficiency, and inventory oversight and management.
- Analyze facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements.
- Develop Company’s bench of leaders to position business for rapid growth / scale.
- Develop and produce weekly/monthly reports based on data analysis gathered from facility operations to corporate management clearly illustrating the trends of the business.
- Utilize six sigma, 5S, and other efficiency concepts to position the facility for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff reports follow Company SOPs at all points in time.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Manage, supervise, and direct the activities of maintenance staff and functions.
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination, or advancement of employees.
- Manage and maintain a company culture established by the Board focusing on accountability, transparency, and enjoyment.
- Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth.
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the State inventory tracking systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the state regulators and inspectors and ensure that the facility is always prepared for state inspections, even those that are unplanned.
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar preferred, with an advanced degree in Engineering a plus.
- 7+ years of management experience; direct management of multiple individuals in a manufacturing setting.
- Exposure to horticulture and or plant science or lab processing, a plus.
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing rapid growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, startup, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
Compensation: $90-100K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Thursday, December 5, 2019
$90K Plus Benefits