Greenhouse Facilities Manager
- Bay City, MI
We are currently seeking a Greenhouse Facilities Manager for a Michigan based vertically integrated cannabis company.
Previous greenhouse cultivation facility maintenance experience is required.
The Facilities Manager will oversee, manage, and be responsible for all facets of their marijuana greenhouse cultivation & processing facility near Bay City, Michigan.
This individual manages internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture, and will also assist with employee personnel management in partnership with the HR Department as it relates to hiring, staffing, training, development and education of their team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the greenhouse cultivation, processing, and packaging facilities as it relates to maintenance, scheduling, staffing, productivity, efficiency, inventory oversight and management.
- Develop and produce a weekly/monthly maintenance schedule and report based on data analysis gathered from facility operations to present to corporate management.
- Utilize six sigma, 5S, and other efficiency concepts to position the facility for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff reports follow Company SOPs at all points in time.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Manage, supervise, and direct the activities of maintenance staff and functions.
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination, or advancement of employees.
- Manage and maintain a company culture established by the Board focusing on accountability, transparency, and enjoyment.
- Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth.
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the State inventory tracking systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the state regulators and inspectors and ensure that the facility is always prepared for state inspections, even those that are unplanned.
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar preferred, with an advanced degree in Engineering a plus.
- 7+ years of management experience; direct management of multiple individuals in a manufacturing setting.
- Exposure to horticulture and or plant science or lab processing, a plus.
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing rapid growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, startup, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
Compensation: $85-95K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Monday, January 27, 2020
$80-95K Plus Benefits