Graphic Artist, Packaging - Cannabis Industry
- New York, NY
Our client, a vertically integrated and diversified company in the cannabis industry, is seeking a Graphic Artist - Packaging for their rapidly expanding nationwide cannabis operations.
This role is responsible for translating creative strategy, building on creative direction and ensuring visual consistency across all packaging projects.
The ideal candidate will have a discerning eye for design, along with a solid appreciation for the production process. They’ll be an experienced designer who has worked with a variety of advertising mediums; well-versed in layout, file preparation and print production.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and execute packaging aligned to brand concepts developed by Marketing team.
- Create graphic elements based on a creative strategy, and roll them out across multiple form factors and SKUs.
- Develop standards and guidelines for production artwork mechanicals.
- Build complete production files for full range of packaging lines, including versions.
- Manage storage and organization of development artwork and final production files.
- Collaborate with packaging suppliers to ensure accuracy in mechanicals and alignment on materials, print techniques and finishes.
- Review all samples of packaging development for final approval to production.
- Partner with compliance to ensure all regulatory and compliance needs are met state by state.
- Collaborate with project managers and agency partners to understand deadlines, and prioritize deliverables on a daily basis.
- Oversee production from start to finish; coordinate and prioritize multiple deliverables at one time.
- Prepare final press/production-ready files.
- Troubleshoot artwork or technical issues that may arise.
- Retouching, manipulation and preparation of imagery (as required)
Job Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a packaging position.
- Thorough knowledge of printing techniques, die-lines and production layout.
- Clear understanding of structural design, packaging materials & substrates.
- Ability to sketch and visualize 3D objects.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software considered an asset.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in CPG, Beauty or Food & Beverage packaging preferred.
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Works effectively with cross functional teams and partners.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Discerning eye and strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage work load effectively.
Compensation: $80K Plus Benefits and Equity Participation
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Wednesday, January 2, 2019
$80K Plus Equity