Assistant General Manager
- Idaho Springs, CO
Our Client, a leading cannabis extract company in Colorado, is opening a new retail dispensary that will be a landmark for all travelers to or from the mountains out of Denver. The dispensary is tucked into the side of a mountain with Clear Creek running right through the property. We are looking for an Assistant General Manager to be second in command to the General Manager. This position will oversee the weekend shift and all duties including but not limited to opening/closing, inventory management, and customer service.
- Manage employee hours and counts to ensure the dispensary is always staffed at appropriate levels.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of all cannabis products, and best practices for dispensary staff and customer relations.
- Assist with training and development of Budtenders to ensure a consistent performance and knowledge base.
- Assist with Budtender stations by providing inventory and cash when needed and monitoring regularly.
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate policies, local and state standards, applicable employment laws, and be consistently fair in the treatment of all team members.
- Responsible to plan and delegate daily goals and tasks to Budtenders to maintain a compliant and clean storefront, floor area, and common back areas.
- Work with the GM to set sales, customer service improvements, and profit goals and lead staff to exceed them.
- Help manage Budtender performance by observing performance, providing feedback, and giving recognition. Conduct quarterly employee reviews with GM for all employees.
- Respond to all staff questions, concerns, or suggestions in a timely and supportive manner.
- Resolve any staff conflicts immediately and professionally. Immediately, report conflicts and resolutions to the GM and/or Director of Operations.
- Participate in the Company and on-the-job trainings to improve skills, productivity, and promotion candidacy.
- Must have open availability for scheduling. Opening and closing shifts will be required.
- Maintain inventory control systems and assist in conducting scheduled inventory audits in accordance with Company and State compliance guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory and effectively respond to discrepancies.
- Ensure that 100% traceability is maintained on the product from reception to sale to customer.
- Maintain clean displays and standards of product representation.
- Oversee product quality control by pulling all products that do not meet quality standards (with GM’s approval).
- Assist Manager with support for MED reporting, paperwork, and METRC recording.
- Assist State and Local Government Auditors and Law Enforcement with inventory, sales, and compliance audits when Manager is not present.
- Comply with company cash handling policies and perform verification for Managers daily cash management responsibilities as outlined in the company’s policy; ensure cash is accurately counted and recorded.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service, patient communication, and customer service issue/complaint resolution.
- Daily correspondence via email and managers log, with the Retail General Manager, Manager, and Retail Staff as needed.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Oversee cash handling and assist in maintaining organized financial logs required by Company policies and procedures and State guidelines.
- Oversee all cash payouts with approval, POS entry, and receipt attachment to EOD cash sales report.
- Assist Budtender with POS overrides, adjustments, discounts, etc.
- Discuss sales metrics, Profit & Loss performance, financial goals, and other KPIs, on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis with the GM.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and 21 years of age or older.
- Colorado residency, no felony convictions, and must successfully pass a background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Working knowledge of medical and/or retail marijuana.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to medical and/or retail marijuana.
- Reporting and Information Management: must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, inventory control, and medical and/or retail marijuana policy and law.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills; anticipatory thinking and ability to forecast; calculating, multi-tasking, attention to details, conflict resolution, teamwork, and professionalism, accountability, and proactive active behavior.
- Success and advancement in this position will require positive and cooperative attitude, professional behavior, and self-motivation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a cannabis leadership role.
- Minimum 3 years working in cannabis retail required.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Compensation: $17 - $18/ hour plus cash tip eligible
- Bonus Eligible
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
$18 per hour