Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Miami, FL
Our client, a successful multi-state cannabis & hemp brand, is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who will be responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets.
Specific responsibilities include orchestrating the brand’s global footprint across PR, social media, product, and advertising; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; providing leadership to direct reports, public relations, creative and graphic design that includes directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in marketing strategy and management. Responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve business goals.
- Transform the marketing organization into a strategic asset to the business. Create and gain recognition for marketing and customer experience programs.
- Own and evangelize the brand positioning, targeting and overall brand strategy for the organization.
- Manage creative agencies and personnel and all creative outputs for the organization to deliver on-brand and consistent work product.
- Provide brand perspective and behavioral insights to support the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Oversee and provide direction to market and competitor analysis.
- Architect the marketing department to support all business areas and programs for both acquisition and retention marketing.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of the market research function.
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure, and analyze performance.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Provide input and support to the company’s leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements.
- Provide marketing skills and expertise to the company by building, developing, and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate and work closely with other c-suite executive team members.
- Prepare presentations to explain the company’s current and future business and marketing strategies.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, marketing, or a related discipline. Master's Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing and planning.
- Must have experience in healthcare, retail and or consumer package goods marketing.
- Must have Cannabis Industry Experience
- Strong financial management skills
- Proven leader with imagination and a creative thinker with a track record of translating thinking into action plans and output
- Leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully inspire, lead and scale large teams within a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is critical
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking and execution skills is critical
- Excellent oral /written communication and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills – including teamwork and organizational skills
Compensations: $200,000 plus equity, bonus and full benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. TEAM400
Tuesday, April 26, 2022