Director of Legal, Regulatory and Licensing - Cannabis
- Chicago, IL, United States
Our client, a national, vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities is looking for a Director of Legal, Regulatory and Licensing to oversee all national licensing, regulatory, and administrative matters. Will also handle compliance and other legal-related duties.
This is a remote position. To qualify, candidates must have a minimum of 3 years in legal or regulatory affairs in a highly regulated environment.
Please apply for immediate consideration!
- Independently oversee all aspects of cannabis regulatory matters and licensing applications, including changes of ownership and control, market expansion materials, relocations, and facility modifications.
- Draft RFP materials and help coordinate state and local application processes for new rounds of medical and adult-use cannabis license issuances.
- Provide regulatory support for M&A transactions and corporate securities filings.
- Manage responses to government investigations, regulatory disciplinary complaints, administrative appeals, and other legal proceedings.
- Serve as a resource to clarify, monitor, and research regulatory requirements for licensing matters nationally.
- Prepare and file legal and regulatory documents, including state/local license renewals, land use and zoning materials, local business permits, and tax registrations.
- Ensure all owners, officers, board members, and corporate agents remain properly licensed, registered, and undergo required training in all markets.
- Maintain a database and other reference materials related to regulatory, compliance, and licensure issues.
- Develop standardized documents and implementation tools for regulatory compliance plans and operational procedures.
- Assist with compliance audits and remediation of potential regulatory compliance issues as necessary.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a legal, consulting, or regulatory affairs role required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Juris Doctorate or similar advanced degree preferred.
COMPENSATION: Base = DOE plus great benefits and bonus potential
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM300
Monday, May 2, 2022