Head of Retail
- Troy, MI
Our client, a vertically integrated and fast-growing Michigan-based cannabis company, is seeking a Head of Retail.
This individual will be responsible for the development of the company’s retail and field operations teams through effective oversight of activities that promote and enhance the organization’s operational efficiencies and drive long term profitability.
This role will be responsible for all retail locations across the state of Michigan. In addition to managing the existing stores, this key player will oversee the opening of all new retail locations as they plan to expand rapidly throughout the state.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the retail operations team, with responsibility for defining team strategy and project plans to execute initiatives.
- Lead the store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top line growth and/or expense savings.
- Primary liaison between the executive management team and store leaders to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent and brand appropriate manner.
- Oversee regional field operations managers to drive field compliance of back of house standards through regular store visits and audits.
- Ensure smooth new store openings across the state
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores.
- Establish the rules of engagement to ensure that clear expectations are set and agreed upon between business units while fostering collaborative working relationships with retail operations to drive business growth, strategic initiatives and global operational standards.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 7-10+ years of retail and operational experience, specifically in field operations, workforce management and communications
- Experience overseeing multiple retail site locations
- Retail operations experience in the Cannabis industry a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Must be a collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships
- Ability to think strategically and develop achievable long term goals
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
Compensation: $130-150K depending on experience, plus benefits and profit sharing
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-124
Thursday, November 21, 2019
$130-150k Plus Benefits