VP of Retail Operations
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a vertically-integrated cannabis holdings company with operations in multiple states is seeking a Vice President of Retail. This role will provide leadership and direction to a number of stores through effective oversight of activities that promote and enhance the organization’s operational efficiencies and drive long term profitability.
This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of initiatives relative to the strategic direction of the organization.
The Vice President of Retail will interface directly with field and corporate management in Chicago and will develop and lead this fast-growing sector of the company’s holdings.
- Develop and lead the retail operations team, with responsibility for defining team strategy and project plans to execute initiatives.
- Lead the store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top line growth and/or expense savings.
- Primary liaison between the executive management team and store leaders to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent and brand appropriate manner.
- Drive operational excellence in stores by creating consistent and efficient back of house standards across the entire store fleet.
- Oversee regional field operations managers to drive field compliance of back of house standards through regular store visits and audits.
- Manage store opening, expansion, relocation and closing process to ensure consistent execution.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to manage store expenses and drive cost savings.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to refine omni-channel strategies to continuously deliver a seamless end to end customer experience that spans both online and stores.
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores.
- Partner with the Human Resources department to support training tools and new hire onboarding process to enhance customer experience and increase store productivity.
- Establish the rules of engagement to ensure that clear expectations are set and agreed upon between business units while fostering collaborative working relationships with retail operations to drive business growth, strategic initiatives and global operational standards.
Skills and Requirements
- 10+ years of retail multi-unit store management
- Multi-unit Cannabis Dispensary management preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Must be a collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships
- Ability to think strategically and develop achievable long term goals
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, merchandising, customer service and store budget preparation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
Compensation: $200K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-124
Wednesday, March 18, 2020