Director of Human Resources
- Troy, MI
Our client, a vertically integrated Cannabis operator in Michigan, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Director for their organization.
The company is looking to build a world class team of people who are inspired by their vision, and looking to take a leadership role with them as they expand throughout the state.
The HR Director will report to the executive board, and be responsible for the full-cycle recruitment for the facilities, manufacturing and on-site administrative departments of the company, therefore a minimum of 4-7 years HR experience is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts full-cycle recruitment for multiple operating departments of the company.
- Ability to work on several projects at once, and must have a great sense of business acumen, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they work with employees and executive level personnel frequently.
- Must also be a strategic thinker, have knowledge of best practices, and a solid understanding of the workings of HR.
- Administers employment processes for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts interviews; new-team member orientations; places advertisements and utilizes HRIS.
- Handles and resolves employee relations issues such as complaints and allegations; conducting investigations when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Assists with unemployment claims, wage garnishments and workers' compensation claims.
- Serve as liaison between headquarters and local operations on benefit needs and requirements as well as between employees and benefits carrier regarding communications, open enrollment and questions.
- Interprets HR policies and procedures to assist employees with questions about insurance claims, benefits plans and procedures, and HR policies.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Administers and monitors FMLA/LOAs and other compliance issues.
- Conducts leadership/educational development training for employees and local management team.
- Performs other job-related projects and duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
- A minimum of 4-7 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Specialized training in Michigan employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations is preferred
- Strengths in employee relations, insurance and benefits administration, payroll, leadership development and recruitment
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred
- Excellent writing, computer and communication skills
Compensation Range: $85-95K Plus Benefits, PTO and Relocation Assistance
If you're a current HR professional and this sounds like the position you've been waiting for, please apply online using the form or follow the link below.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Monday, January 6, 2020
$85-95K Plus Benefits