Clone Production Lead
- Salinas, CA
Our client,a well established cannabis nursery, is searching for a Clone Production Lead with cannabis cloning experience. This person will be responsible for the daily nursery management and operations for a California greenhouse operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a cutting crew in order to maintain and improve all clone production, maintenance of cuttings, and quality control of cloning operation
- Maintain organization of clone orders completed, in progress, and upcoming.
- Maintain cloning inventory including batch tracking and mother source tracking
- Work directly with the transplant crew and sales team to coordinate transplanting and/or sales of rooted clones
- Maintain and manage quality control related to fulfilling orders
- Assist with the organization of a maintenance program for mother plants including pruning, cleaning, pest management, and proper spacing
- Maintain an organized and consistent rotation of mother plants, maintain mother plant inventory, and increase or decrease mother stock population of specific genetics based on demand
- Identify operational inefficiencies and offer solutions to achieve company objectives
- Possible breeding and R&D
- Five (5) years of experience in cannabis cultivation.
- Two (2) years in commercial cannabis nursery production.
- Two (2) years in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Commercial Nursery experience is a must
- Extensive knowledge of cloning and mother stock maintenance
- Strong leadership being able to develop and lead employees with strong and effective communication
- Detail oriented with a passion for a very high standard of quality
- Ability to identify and diagnose plant problems related to environment conditions, nutrition, pest damage and pathogens
- Knowledge of plant nutrition for mother stock maintenance and cloning
- Must have basic knowledge of CA state approved pesticides and fungicides
- Willing and able to consistently work 40 to 45 hours per week including flexibility with weekends
Compensation - $80,000 - $85,000 DOE
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-123
Friday, June 5, 2020