Director of Horticulture
- Lake City, FL
Our client is a top leader in hemp and cannabis cultivation in the U.S. and looking for a Director of Horticulture to join oversee all multi-state cultivation operations.
The Director will be responsible for maintaining the company’s standards and reputation why implementing a dynamic growth plan for cultivation operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in agricultural operations and multiple cultivation and grow operations on a commercial scale. The ideal candidate will also have deep understanding of plant physiology and additional experience outside of cannabis, such as floriculture.
Location: Must live in or be able to relocate to Central Florida.
- Oversee the growing and cultivation operations for multiple locations
- Establish systems and chain of command to collect, analyze, and maintain data on cultivation operations to aid strategic planning and operational decisions
- Create and manage schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations
- Serve as a role model and resource for staff with regards to products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Consistently report cultivation status, verbally and in written form to all executive leadership/ownership
- Attend weekly meetings to communicate status and directives
- Frequent travel for facility inspections, media events, and other meetings as needed
- Participates in the development, review and implementation of procedures to ensure the plants are consistently maintained at the highest possible standards
- Research new techniques and insight and dedicated to expand knowledge
- Will work closely with other managers and directors in order to execute the company's overall strategy
- Provides ongoing oversight of plant care
- Manages all contract services for areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the Integrated Pest Management program.
- Ensures that best horticultural practices are applied, provides staff and intern training regularly.
- Serves as a member of Leadership Team and acts as a positive leader for the organization.
- Supports peers and staff in achieving overall institutional goals.
- Serves as an external representative of the organization, a national leader in horticulture and as a liaison with key organizations to support achieving institutional goals
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in plant biology, physiology, biological sciences, or agricultural sciences, horticulture or agriculture management
- Must have experience overseeing multiple cultivation sites
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- At least 5 years commercial grow experience
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, airflow, etc.
- Experience managing a large-scale cultivation operation that has a clean history of compliance
- In-depth working knowledge of cannabis plant symptom diagnosis, causality and remedy applications
- Advanced knowledge of hemp or cannabis plants and genetics
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated personnel management experience
- Experience in a position requiring critical-thinking, problem-solving, planning and assessment
- Knowledge of cannabis policy and law
Salary Range: Negotiable Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
100,000 - 200,000 BOE