- Morton, IL
CannabizTEMP is seeking a Lab Technician to assist with handling technical procedures associated with the lab.
The Lab Technician will work closely with Chemists or Microbiologists to develop analytical skills and experience on an as-needed basis.
Assistance will be needed within the testing and analyzing of cannabis and cannabis products prior to those products being distributed in the legal market within the state of Illinois.
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager
- Conformance to quality control procedures described in the quality docs and method-specific procedures
- Execute various laboratory protocols as instructed in established standard operating procedures, or as may be directed by laboratory leadership
- Perform sample prep & complete associated QC books, as assigned
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance and calibration
- Monitor inventory and supplies
- Facilitate samples
- High school diploma or GED required with a least one year of college chemistry laboratory experience, or one year of analytical laboratory experience required
- Associates degree in a science field preferred
- Must be able to work in a teamwork oriented working environment
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic
- Able to file and have excellent record keeping abilities
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to communicate with a diverse lab population
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of how to operate a variety of office equipment and the ability to show others how to use them
Compensation: $16 to $18; Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.IND-125
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
DOE- Contract, Hourly Basis