Director of Product Development
- Carlsbad, CA
Our client, a rapidly growing multi-faceted company in the cannabis industry, is searching for a highly experienced Director of Product Development to join their management team in Southern California and lead the development and launch of new packaged consumer products for the cannabis industry.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly organized self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven organization with a passion for cannabis consumable and related products. The company is seeking an experienced manager to work in an engineering/science based, dynamic and fluid environment.
This individual must be passionate about the Company’s mission of deploying resources to create best in class cannabis products, focused on health and wellness and must enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced startup organization.
Responsible for the development and commercialization of products including technical formulations, sensory validation, and manufacturing scale-up, the Director of Product Development will work closely with consumers, retailers, vendors, and the internal leadership team to meet strategic objectives for the consumer. This role requires the ability to identify opportunities, innovations and current consumer and retail trends, working closely with internal and external teams, to identify opportunities and guide the introduction of new product concepts to the market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Products: Research and identify new product opportunities, present them to the leadership team, drive product innovation, and lead new product planning and development to match the needs and desires of the California Cannabis consumer while delivering industry leading product quality.
- Industry Trends: Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of cannabis industry trends, both current and future - and apply that knowledge towards product development and planning.
- Collaboration & Project Management: Working with both internal and external teams, including the marketing and branding team, to provide detailed briefs to the leadership team with clear product development targets and timelines and ensuring targets are met from concept to launch. Build and implement product strategies consistent with the corporate vision and collaborate with executives to create product plans and roadmaps.
- Controls: Understanding that product consistency at the consumer level is critical, establish rigorous specification standards for new products and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to deliver those standards to the consumer marketplace. Complying with all state regulations around product creation, formation, packaging and delivery.
- Trend Analysis: Retrieve and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape new products, and new product launches as well as becoming the company expert on product categories and competitors. Review and report on market trends and new product opportunities.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of experience in Product Development Management
- Product development experience in the food industry, pharmaceutical industry, chemical engineering or nutraceutical industry preferred
- Passionate about premium quality cannabis and premium cannabis derivative consumer products as well as the health benefits they provide
- Highly analytical approach to new product development with a hands-on approach to testing and gaining insights from consumers and retailers
- Experience leading internal and external teams to successfully launch new CPG products, and the ability to clearly communicate and influence at senior leadership levels, as well as with project teams
- PMP ( Project Management Professional) certification preferred
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency while balancing project requirements and deadlines simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and solve complex problems
- Thorough understanding of California and Federal Cannabis laws
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, and evolving environment
- Minimum of 5 years in a CPG product management/ development role or innovation experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to commercialize innovations and product launches.
- Federal background check required
Salary Range: $120K-150K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you've been waiting for, please apply online using the form or follow the link below.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
$120-150K Plus Benefits