Chemical Process Operator
- Nashville, TN
Our client, a large scale Hemp CBD processing, extraction and products company, is seeking a hands-on, experienced, dedicated and passionate Chemical Process Operator to join their team working out of their extraction facility near Nashville, TN.
Responsible for producing hemp oil and extract through various extraction techniques and processes at very large-scale (10,000 lbs biomass per day), the Chemical Process (Extraction) Operator is expected to have a working knowledge of chemistry, physics, phytobiology and chemical engineering.
They are also expected to record essential processing information during production and report the information on each batch that is processed, and must be able to make sound decisions surrounding the following principles: Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate large-scale solvent extraction and refinement equipment for processing hemp biomass into crude and refined oil batches
- Cleaning and maintenance of extraction and refinement equipment and laboratory facility following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs); complying with legal regulations; monitoring the work environment
- Tending to and recording parameters (temperature, pressure, vacuum, etc.) within each step of the extraction and refinement process
- Document throughput of all solvents and consumables needed for the extraction and separation processes.
- Report any variation or deviation from expected values for process times, yields, and any other defined product characteristics throughout the production process to the Processing Manager
- Report revision requests for SOPs according to new methods to optimize processes to the Processing Manager
- Assist in proposing changes to documentation or production processes to improve safety (from a consumer and laboratory staff viewpoint), improve product quality and production efficiencies, and to reduce delivery time and product failures
- Assist and log the disposal of all waste materials
- Consistent and accurate completion of required paperwork and compliance requirements
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related or equivalent professional experience (1-2 years) preferred, or an Associates Degree with 5+ years experience
- Basic understanding of physical chemistry in relation to phytochemical extraction and refinement
- Experience in commercial or industrial-scale extraction, distillation, filtering, and or solvent removal strongly preferred
- Experience with METRC and/or other regulatory databases is preferred
- Able to follow detailed instructions and guidelines
- Mechanical inclination preferred
- Collaborative and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Maintains a positive “Doer” attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time-management and ability to multitask
- Able to lift 40+ lbs and stand/walk for an eight-hour work shift
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check
Compensation: $50-60K Based on Experience, plus bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply online below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-124
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
$50-60K Plus Bonus, Benefits