CFO - Cannabis Industry
- San Diego, CA
Our client, a successful Southern California based leader in Cannabis Industry that has expansive operations in Cultivation, Extraction, Manufacturing on a large scale in the US and Canada, is seeking a highly qualified CFO.
As a true business partner to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will assist in the company strategy and raising capital in the private and public markets, develop financial forecasts, manage the accounting team, handle detailed financial reporting, as well as develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on strategy, operations and expansion.
** California CPA license as well as strong cost accounting and product pricing knowledge required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume full responsibility for managing the company’s financial functions, including overseeing the remote accounting team and producing timely and accurate financial reports to the executive management team.
- Assist the CEO in raising capital in the private and public markets. Be able to speak with authority on the business model and financial model to institutional investors and analysts.
- Represent the Company and future financial performance to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Analyze acquisition targets, joint ventures and strategic investments. Assist in building financial models around each of these relationships and work with legal to craft beneficial contracts
- Develop and lead financial strategy, goals and objectives for fast growing business lines in three subsidiaries.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (accounting team, auditors, investment advisors)
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical). Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new product lines, new formulations, etc.)
- Engage with the Executive Management team re finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Manage cash flow providing short and long-term cash flow planning.
- Oversee cash, investment, and treasury and asset management effectively
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections
- Build and oversee remote accounting team to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function
- Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Develop and manage accounting staff as needed – locally or remote
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- California CPA license required
- 10+ years of Audit, Finance and Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required. Must have a strong cost accounting and product pricing knowledge.
- 280E experience a plus
- Experience in presenting to investors and raising capital
- 5+ years of experience in both FP&A and Reporting roles at a Corporate/Division. Experience in both traditional as well as entrepreneurial companies
- Recent IPO experience in the US and Canada a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience all Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics. Previous work with ERP/Planning Systems.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, leadership ability, team management, and effective communication skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Extremely well organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
Compensation: $180-200K Plus Equity and Benefits
If this sounds like the CFO position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Monday, December 31, 2018
$180-200K Plus Equity