Extraction Lab Director - Cannabis
- Tucson, AZ
Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company based in Arizona, is seeking an experienced Extraction Laboratory Director to oversee all production, quality assurance, operations and personnel for their cannabis extraction laboratory.
This job carries significant administrative, regulatory and compliance duties and responsibilities including hiring, training, safety awareness, professional development and discipline of the laboratory employees.
The successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience with a variety of extraction techniques, combined with proven management and leadership experience within a laboratory environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design lab procedures for the purposes of optimizing production, costs, yield and operational efficiency while reducing risk and increasing reliability and resiliency of the manufacturing system
- Writing and approving any changes to the technical SOPs.
- Troubleshoot the issues causing the breakdown of machines or equipment
- Comply with state track and trace compliance requirements
- Creating and maintaining monthly and weekly production schedules while monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, repeatable, and accurate results.
- Create new and improved product formulations
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and implements standard operating procedures for all products and techniques developed.
- Manages and maintains the highest level the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of all cannabis products.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Interviewing and hiring of all Extraction and Processing personnel
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering
- Preferred experience with hemp processing, oil & gas processing, or food processing
- Highly skilled and experienced in botanical extractions (Butane, crude, distillate, isolate, chromatography)
- Manufacturing scale up experience desired (ISO, LEAN, etc.).
- Exposure to a fast paced/deadline related environment is preferred.
- Understands and is able to mitigate issues that arise when scaling.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining a cGMP environment
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Working experience and knowledge with analytical chemistry equipment to quantify cannabinoids, THCA/THC and CBDA/CBD products.
Compensation: $100-110K+ Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-123
Monday, November 11, 2019