- Las Vegas, NV
Our client, a publicly traded multi-state Cannabis operator, is seeking an experienced and hands-on Controller for their rapidly growing organization.
The Controller will report directly to the CFO, and serve an important financial management role with the organization, interfacing with senior management, accounting staff and various key stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
** Previous Controller level accounting experience within the Cannabis Industry a plus **
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly close and financial statements, as well as prepare supporting documents for monthly and annual compliance audits
- Prepare journal entries as part of monthly transaction and closing process
- Analyze accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory costs, and internal controls to provide management reporting in the area
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state and local tax filings
- Supporting and supervising accounting staff effort in daily and monthly transaction processing
- GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Account reconciliations and support schedules as part of month end close
- Developing ad hoc financial analysis, and weekly cash flow reports
- Assist in the development of Public Reporting requirements (10Q/10K)
- Assist in accounts receivable collections
- Assist is preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist payroll in preparation of commission pay
- Assist in the cash management process, and perform other duties as requested.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 8-10+ years of related work experience in a similar capacity is required.
- Advance computer skills in Excel, QuickBooks, ERP systems or other accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communications skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills, friendly personality and team building leadership skills required
- Previous cannabis accounting experience is a plus
- Must pass background checks and must be able to obtain a State of Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Agent Card and LV Metro Sheriff's Marijuana ID Work Card.
Compensation: $120-130K Base Salary plus Bonus and Health Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply online - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200
Monday, January 3, 2022
$120-130K Plus Benefits