Construction Project Manager
- Boston, MA
Our client, a vertically integrate cannabis multi-state operator, is seeking new Construction Project Managers to join their growing organization. The Construction Project Manager assists with organizing and controlling project activities through communicating risks, opportunities, and current state of the project by coordinating meetings, resources, and information. The Project Manager will handle projects with the goal of seeing them through on time and within budget. PM's role is crucial to the company's success because they ensure projects run smoothly by controlling workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project, and reporting its status to the management and stakeholders.
The PM works closely on the initiation, planning, organization, implementation, administration, and completion of retail, cultivation, and/or manufacturing construction projects. The PM will interact daily with many levels of operations across all four business divisions Retail, Cultivation, Manufacturing, and/or Processing, and will have a consistent impact across the organization - advancing the mission of customer service and brand growth through the execution of the company's core values.
This role is a highly administrative in nature, helping to maintain our PM software (Monday.com), schedule and track project milestones, assist with tracking invoicing and coordinating with our accounting team, creating reports, submitting documents and working hand in hand with our VP of Special Projects.
THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY LIVE IN MA
DUTIES AND REPSPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management and administrative support for ongoing expansion and construction projects for the retail sale, cultivation, processing, manufacturing, and/or distribution of cannabis products across multiple states.
- Develop and implement administrative processes to ensure appropriate cost control/billing practices and insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Must Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Helping with the documentation of each phase of the project, as well as making summary reports that will be presented to the organization’s management team.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, outcomes
- Understanding formal escalation and review processes
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- BS in Business Administration, Construction, Architecture or related field
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred
- Must have a background in retail or industrial (manufacturing) construction
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Background in Architecture a plus
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Monday, Asana, Airtable, Basecamp, or Trello) is a plus
COMPENSATION: 115,000-120,000 Based on experience
The benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Monday, November 1, 2021