Quality Assurance Specialist
- Santa Barbara, CA
Cannabis Testing Laboratory based in Santa Barbara is searching for a Quality Assurance Specialist with previous Cannabis Industry experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the quality assurance responsibilities for a new Cannabis Testing Laboratory to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring continual quality improvement within the facility. If you have a strong background in quality management and exceptional leadership abilities, we encourage you to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish QMS policy, procedures and report to management on the performance.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspections on all instruments in the testing laboratory.
- Help guide the company through the BCC licensing process
- Assist the CSO and Laboratory Directors through the ISO:17025 accreditation process
- Become the day to day contact/support with the BCC
- Implement a Quality Control system within the organization
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications or customer requests.
- Ensure existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Cannabis experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 2+ years of quality management experience
- 2-3+ years of analytical laboratory experience
- Proficiency with laboratory testing instruments
- Impeccable communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and data review
- Proficient in computer technology and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- ISO 17025 experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the cannabis industry position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
$60-65K Plus Benefits