Director of Sales - Cannabis
- Oakland, CA
Our client, a publicly-traded cannabis company, is seeking a Director of Sales, who will be responsible for the development of the company’s brand from Farm to Retail. The Director of Sales will "own" the entire sales division for all of California while partnering with the Director of Marketing to further enhance the brand presence.
The Director of Sales position will be a senior member of the team, responsible for the growth of the company’s business by finding, attracting, and then signing large retail clients to grow the company’s market share in the cannabis industry, as well as setting and then executing the sales strategy.
** To be considered, you must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work independently with little oversight, and have a superior track record as a Sales Manager or Director, looking to take advantage of helping direct the expansion of a high-growth cannabis company looking to achieve it's full market potential **
The successful candidate will drive the company's achievement of customer acquisition and continued success in revenue goals, acting as a role model for company culture and an ambassador for recruiting talent. This position will be responsible for both the tactical and strategic leadership of the sales organization, working closely with the COO of the business to plan and execute strategy.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding their customer base. Travel throughout the state for in-person meetings with customers and sales team to develop key relationships.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs that enable sales staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting. Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Work directly with the sales organization in the field on a regular and ongoing basis, and assist in developing effective marketing platforms such as social media and other online reputation sites to help drive referrals.
- Oversee the hiring and development of the sales organization. Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Create relationships with traditional retail channels and secure clients in that space.
- Defines optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes to establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Experience creating and operating a CRM sales pipeline management system.
- Recent management experience, having successfully built, hired and led a geographically diverse team of early career and experienced professionals
- Cannabis Experience a must with current connections.
- Must have experience with securing product placement in retail settings
- 7-10 years in sales and 3-5 years in sales management role.
- Travel 50% plus
- A strong motivator and leader and ability to create a team that lives the company’s values.
- Financial literacy at a level adequate to speak to the business needs of the industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Compensation: $130-145K Plus Commission, Benefits and Stock Options
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-123
Tuesday, January 14, 2020