- Holbrook, AZ
Our client, a Cannabis Testing laboratory, is seeking a Microbiologist for their facility in Arizona.
The Microbiologist's focus will be on utilizing qPCR techniques to detect and quantify biological contamination in cannabis products. Testing of bacteria, mold, E. coli, and environmental. Responsible for validating methods and eventually developing qPCR-based assays.
This role also performs product, in-process, and environmental testing in a cannabis cultivation and production facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform microbiological tests on cannabis related samples and implement new methods
- Maintain clean and safe work environment by maintaining aseptic methods and protocols; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Prepare cultures by obtaining in-process and finished product samples
- Perform microbiological tests such as total coliforms, enterobacteria, salmonella, total plate count, etc.
- Utilizing qPCR for identification and quantification
- Identify microorganisms by conducting microscopic examinations, document results entering data in LIMS
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Develop new microbiological methods not currently online at the laboratory and write standard operating procedures for them in conjunction with state regulations
- Follow strict Quality Assurance operations according to state regulations
- Follow GLPs and GMPs.
- BS in Microbiology, molecular biology or related discipline. 5 years’ experience in similar fields and techniques may exempt from degree
- qPCR experience
- Bacteria culturing and plating experience
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently with little guidance, and within a collaborative group environment
Compensation: $50-70k Plus Benefits
- Masters’ or PhD degree in a biological field
- 2 years’ experience microbial analysis and/or qPCR in a production setting
- Method Validation Experience.
- ISO 17025 / GLP and GMP experience
- Lab experience with plants and Cannabis
- Excellent MS office suite proficiency
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-123
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
$50 to $70k plus benefits